Profile


Hello! I'm Leonie. I’m from Malaysia. I am nineteen this year, and I have Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma - a kind of blood cancer. I’m just trying to live my life to the fullest, without any regrets. I'm grateful that I’m still able to wake up to a brand new day and know that I'm still alive.

I refuse to refer to my condition as a disease. I would rather phrase it as a 'series of unfortunate events'.

I learn something new with each passing day. This is the story of my journey, and you're welcome to follow me in every step that I take.

If you would like to learn more about me and my condition, feel free to click on the navigations below. If you have any queries or would just like to say hello, drop me an e-mail at dancingpapercranes@live.com.my and I'll try to respond as soon as possible!

Cheers!




Cbox





16:12
Saturday 4 February 2012
Freedom at 10%.

I haven't had raw food since April last year.

You see, raw food has all kinds of bacteria on it. The average human body can quite easily fight said bacteria.

Mine couldn't while I was going through chemotherapy and the transplant. Since I was lacking in white blood cells and once, even having zero white blood cells in my body - eating raw food would mean suffering more due to infections.

I couldn't have some of my healthier favourites - sandwiches, sushi and salads. (Isn't it coincidental that they all start with the letter S?)

But now, despite having to endure so much and still having to take precautions once in awhile,


I finally feel slightly liberated.

Labels:



Photobucket

2 comment(s):
Post a Comment