Profile


Hello! I'm Leonie. I’m from Malaysia. I am nineteen this year, and I have Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma - a kind of blood cancer. I’m just trying to live my life to the fullest, without any regrets. I'm grateful that I’m still able to wake up to a brand new day and know that I'm still alive.

I refuse to refer to my condition as a disease. I would rather phrase it as a 'series of unfortunate events'.

I learn something new with each passing day. This is the story of my journey, and you're welcome to follow me in every step that I take.

If you would like to learn more about me and my condition, feel free to click on the navigations below. If you have any queries or would just like to say hello, drop me an e-mail at dancingpapercranes@live.com.my and I'll try to respond as soon as possible!

Cheers!




Cbox





20:09
Wednesday 2 November 2011
Replies Part One!

All responses here are to those who had commented on my blog post titled 'here comes the hardest part.' I will contact those who didn't want their comments to be published through e-mail as soon as possible.

Generally, those that had asked me to give my bank account/contact details to them through e-mail will be contacted again through e-mail as well. Since I'm done with my transplant and things have settled down a tiny bit financially compared to then, I think it's only polite for me to say thank you for the kind thought; I never replied to them immediately due to my going through the tedious treatment process and feeling utterly too tired to even go online. They wanted to help, but I didn't give them the necessary information. Hope this clears up some misunderstandings out there!

I'll be replying from the earliest comments to the most recent.

***

@jorene pu, thanks! (:

@fyah, thanks for the well wishes! It's perfectly fine that you couldn't help me financially, it's the thought that really counts. (:

@Sylvi, I'll be sending you an e-mail soon! And thank you! (:

@Shar Linn, I sincerely appreciate your comment, it's truly full of wise words. It's really great to know, and I don't feel that bad about myself being 'weak' once in awhile anymore. Thank you so much for the support and encouragement, it's much appreciated and needed while I try to kick cancer in the ass. (': I'll be sending you an e-mail soon! Thank you so much again, Shar Linn! Cheers! :D

@Naziha, thanks so much! Really appreciated. (:

@nityakumar, thank you so much! I shall try to contact you soon. (:

@Carinn, I think I thanked you and the rest in Sunway College JB so often now, I'm starting to think that I'm nagging at you lot. Heh. And I don't mean to make your mum or anyone cry reading about my predicament! Oh gosh. D: But I'm truly touched at what you, your family and our friends have been doing to help me out. Thank you so much Rinn. (': <3

@Michael, will be sending you an e-mail soon! And thank you! (:

@Paul Low, thank you for the comment Paul! Cheers! (:

@Cikgu Adilah, cikgu!! Thank you so much! *hugs!* (':

@fashu, thanks Fashu! <3 (:

@Jean Chu, thank you for keeping my family and I in your prayers! Will send you an e-mail really soon! (:

@xox `Lyng` xox, thank you so much! Will send you an e-mail soon! (:

@CYJ, I'm glad to know that my story inspired you and your roommate. Thank you both for your help, but I won't post my bank account details nor my Facebook profile in my cancer blog. I find it too public. You didn't leave me your contact details either, so I can't get back to you personally at the moment. If you're reading this and still want to contact me, please e-mail me at dancingpapercranes@live.com! Thank you once more, and please send my thanks to your roommate as well! Cheers! :D

@Komol, hello there! Will be sending you an e-mail soon! (:

@Anonymous, my family and I have our reasons to not publish about my condition in the papers. This will be explained in a future blog post. Anyway, thank you!

@st, will be sending you an e-mail soon! (:

@qi, thank you so much! (:

@David Teoh, hey David! I'm really grateful for the help that you and the rest of the peeps in Taylor's had done for me. I know all of you had done your best in trying to help me out, but because of certain situations, all of you couldn't do more for me. I'll explain in my blog as soon as possible why. Meanwhile, thank you so much for everything! Please send my sincerest thanks to the rest as well. Cheers! (:

@Anonymous, I'm sorry to hear about your uncle having cancer too. I'm glad to hear that he can get a suitable bone marrow though! (: Hope his condition has stabilised and he's doing much better now. Will send you an e-mail soon!

@Rebecca Koo, hey girl! I'm so sorry for the late reply concerning this matter. I am still grateful for all you and the rest had done for me. (': Aren't we friends now, by the way? ;) Haha. When I'm free from cancer and all, maybe we can meet up with Jia Ying and a few other mutual friends and we can get to know each other better. (: Thank you for keeping me in your prayers! :'D

@Anonymous, thank you so much! Will contact you through e-mail as soon as possible! (:

@pangzter, I'm so sorry for the late reply! Funds-wise, I think it's alright for now. (: But at the moment, you can help by being a friend to me! I'm open to new friendships at this point in life. It helps me widen my social circle even though I'm stuck at home because I have to be quarantined. Anyway, thank you so much for leaving a comment! :]

@Lee Yue, I didn't notice any typo errors! But it's okay, no worries at all! (: Thank you so much, but I think it's alright for now. Cheers, and hope you're doing well!

@StereoHearts, thank you so much! It's nice to know that I have constant support from people like yourself. (: You didn't leave me your contact details, so I can't do so. But thank you anyway! :]

@Christinaa!, Chrissie dear! I'll contact you really, really soon, okay! (:

@zahrah, awwwwwww! Thanks so much, Zahrah! :'D Glad to know that I inspired you, in some way or another. Will contact you as soon as possible! (:

@Anonymous, will be sending you an e-mail really soon!

@Rin, hello there! Nah, don't worry! I don't think that way at all. It's just that at that time, I was already under treatment(stem cell transplant), and I don't want to meddle with alternative treatments while I'm undergoing the transplant. Thanks for the information and the encouragement though! It's really appreciated. (: I'll definitely do my research about this. Meanwhile, I hope your sister is responding well to this treatment! Cheers, and take care! :D

@maurice!~!@, man! Thanks so much for dropping by! :'D

@~MY~, will be sending you an e-mail soon! (:

@Alyssa, alright! Will send you an e-mail soon! (:

@Anonymous, thank you for the information! Will definitely look it up.

@Anonymous, awwwww! I'm glad that you defeated cancer! I'm really happy for you! :D You're right, cancer isn't all that bad as it had helped me learn so much about life and how I shouldn't take things for granted. It's high time that cancer should be leaving my life now! Hahah. You being in my predicament before will definitely understand the trials and tribulations of being a cancer patient. Thanks for leaving a comment and telling me about your story, it's really appreciated! Hope to hear from you more if you see this reply! Cheers, and take care! ;)

@QiTing Darling, hey there! Will be contacting you through e-mail/Facebook shortly! I have yet to thank you, Ah Yuan, and the rest of your family properly. Hope all of you can remain patient with me! (:

@Anonymous, wow. You never knew people like me existed unless they're from the newspapers or storybooks? I hope that with my story, it managed to widen your horizons about people like me really existing and aren't merely fictional people/strangers. Will be contacting you really soon! And thanks! It's nice to know that I'm an inspiration to you. (:

@Anonymous, hi there! My email is dancingpapercranes@live.com, but I won't be on MSN using this account. Cheers!

@Shen Ni, thank you so much! I definitely will do my best to stay strong and keep fighting. Will be sending you an e-mail soon! You take care too. (:

@Angie, hello Angeline! I'm really sorry to hear about your uncle's passing. I'm sure he fought the good fight well. May he rest in peace. I will continue this battle of mine too. Thank you so much for leaving a comment.

@Bing, thank you! (:

@Nicolette, hey! In fact, I do know who you are! Sherylee's sister, right? (: Thank you so much for keeping my family and me in your prayers. Also, thanks so much for your comment, it does mean a lot to me. (': Cheers!

@ashL?y~*, you can e-mail me at dancingpapercranes@live.com! And thank you! (:

@ss tan, will be e-mailing you soon!

@nicoleeeee :), I didn't do much for you actually, Nic! But it's the least I can do, since I couldn't offer anything other than emotional support to you then. I really appreciate you and the rest being there for me, you guys mean so much to me as well. (': <3

@sam, will be sending you an e-mail soon!

@Anonymous, I did consider setting up a PayPal account, but things were so hectic back then, and I wasn't up to it physically to doing anything online. This PayPal matter will be brought up in a separate blog entry. Anyway, thanks!

@vanessa, hi! Yes, I do know Nicole and Chiara. (: Financially, I think it's alright for now. So sorry for the late reply! But I do appreciate your wanting to help me out. Thank you so much! :'D

@suelynn, so I heard! I really appreciate that JJ and Kay Kay helped spread the news of my situation, thank to my friends who tweeted them about me. (: Thank you so much, Sue Lynn! I'll be sending you an e-mail as soon as possible. :D

@Weng Hui, hello there! Thank you so much for your comment! (': Will send you an e-mail very soon!

@JieWeN, hello there! Thank you for your encouraging comment. Sorry to hear about your spine problem though, hope it's on its way to getting better. (: I'm happy for you staying strong and striving for the best despite your problem and pains.Your brother is right though - please do not overexert yourself, for it may affect your health even more. Do take care of your health, and cheers!

@Janny1120, thank you so much! Will be dropping you an e-mail soon! (:

@Shawn, hello there! I will contact you through Facebook soon. But just to let everyone know - I am under this haematologist in Kuala Lumpur now. Still, I'll contact you just to let you know that I got your comment. Cheers!

@xiaocass, thank you very much! Glad that my story has touched you somehow. (': Will contact you through e-mail soon!

@mable, will e-mail you soon! And thank you! (:

@Wil Sern, you didn't leave me your contact details, so I'm afraid I can't contact you. Thank you for wanting to help me out though! (:

@Kimberly, oh gosh, I read through your comment again, and I just realised I wasn't supposed to publish it. I'm so sorry! D: Thank you so much for keeping me in your prayers though, I really appreciate the thought a lot. (: And your comment did bring some cheer to me! ;)

@Maureen, no problem at all! I don't expect everyone who know about my condition to contribute. It's the thought that counts, in the end. Thank you for the support! (:

@Sharm, hello there! Thank you for the well wishes and for reading my entries! Your Facebook link has expired, but I think I found your Twitter account. Will contact you soon! (:

@Samantha, hey there! You didn't leave me your contact details, and your Blogger profile link has expired; I can't contact you at the moment. Thank you so much for your wanting to help, though! (:

@Menny aka Carmen, thank you so much for your comment and for keeping me in your prayers! I'll be contacting you through e-mail really soon! (:

@Anonymous, I'll be e-mailing you soon! Thank you for your comment! (:

@Jon, I'll contact you as soon as possible. Thanks!

@sylerhkan, thank you so much for your comment! And don't worry, I don't mind the language at all. Some people may find it vulgar, but it's fine for me. In fact, as vulgar as vulgarities are - sometimes I find them appropriate to describe certain situations in ways that normal words couldn't. Your comment did make me smile, by the way! Thanks once again! :D

@Ju Chin, hey! I'll contact you through Facebook soon. And thanks! (:

@Benetoon aka Bene Chian, I'm really sorry for the late reply! I haven't been online till recently due to me recuperating from my stem cell transplant. I did the transplant at a hospital in KL. Thank you for your concern, but I think it's alright for the time being. :] Cheers!

@SK, I'm really sorry to hear about your mum. Being someone who has a kin/family member that went through blood cancer, I'm sure you understand my predicament, and especially what my family members are going through. Thank you so much for your willingness to help and your encouragement! Hope you're doing well.

@huiyin-denoisemaker, I know I'm blessed because there are a lot of friends and nice people out there who are willing to help me out. (: I'm glad to know that I can be of inspiration to you and the rest! Thank you for your comment and for keeping me in your prayers, I really appreciate it a lot. Hope you're doing fine! Cheers! :D

@Sean, hey Sean! I saw your Facebook message, but I haven't got to replying it yet. I'll reply you there really soon, and thank you so much for the well wishes! (:

@ierawkxz, hello there! It's okay, it's the thought that counts! Thank you for praying for me, and thank you for offering to hear me out when I need someone to talk to. I really appreciate that a lot, since friends are really a huge factor in me staying strong to beat cancer. (: I'll e-mail you very soon! ;)

@Shermaine, hello there! Thank you so much for keeping me in your prayers! I really appreciate that a lot! (': Cheers!

@Anonymous, hello there! I'm pretty stubborn, and I love to learn, so I really would like to continue my studies, given the chance. (: Thank you so much, and I'll be dropping you an e-mail as soon as possible! ;)

@eexuan, will be contacting you very soon! Thank you so much, by the way! (:

@e for ecstasy, I don't have a PayPal account at the moment, but thank you so much for your willingness to help. And thanks for the link as well! I'm sorry to hear about his passing, but I'm sure he fought hard to the very end. Will take some time out to read his entries. Once again, thanks! (:

@Anonymous, yes it is, actually! My treatment has ended for now, and hopefully that's the end of everything! Thank you so much for wanting to help. (:

@janicechian, Janice! I'll contact you through Facebook really soon! Have yet to thank you and Joanne properly. (':'

@Andrea, hello there! Firstly, thank you so much for your encouraging words! (': And also for keeping me in your prayers. As deadly and sucky as cancer is, it's nice to know that I have made many new friends because of this, widening my perspectives in life and getting to know more people from different walks of life. I'll be sending you an e-mail really soon, do keep a lookout for it! Cheers! (:

@meowth aka aileen, thank you so much! Will e-mail you soon!

@ankakashi, I miss you and your flowers. Sigh. (': You're such a dear, Anna-chan. Glad that my blog managed to help you and your mum reconcile, though I doubt that the argument would have lasted long anyway. ;) Can't wait to give you more kitty smiles in person! :P

@missroum87 aka grace, you can contact me at dancingpapercranes@live.com! I can't access to the Facebook link you'd provided though, so I'll try to contact you through your blog instead. Cheers!

@Nessa aka Nadia, hello there! (: Thank you so much for leaving a comment on my blog and for your willingness to help! I'll be sending you an e-mail soon! ;)

@xiao, I don't have a PayPal account, unfortunately. But thank you so much for wanting to help me out! (:

@Anonymous, I live in Johor, Malaysia.

@Anonymous, thank you so much! Yes, I am aware of that, so I definitely won't give up easily. (':

@linz, will be sending you an e-mail soon!

@amalina, thank you so much! Yes, I'll continue to stay strong. (:

@Jane Teh, thank you so much for leaving a comment on my blog! I really appreciate the supportive words. (': Will be contacting you really soon!

@Anonymous, thank you so much! (:

@Adiba, thank you so much! I'll contact you through e-mail really soon! :]

@Anonymous, thank you so much for your wanting to help me, but I do not have a PayPal account and I don't think I'll be opening one anytime soon. I'll explain more in another blog entry. But thanks!

@Stefanie, thanks! Will be sending you an e-mail really soon! (:

@rådicål 'dreámer, I'll still thank you, because it's good manners, it's appropriate and it's the least I can do. Thanks Daniel. (':

@Mcguyver99 aka Andrew, you didn't leave me any contact details, I'll try to contact you through your blogs. Anyway, thanks!

@Anonymous, thanks! Will send you an e-mail soon! (:

@Chuah Siew Lin™, hello there! Thank you so much! I'll definitely stay strong. (:

@Angela, so sorry for the late reply! But thank you so much in putting your effort into making a video for me. I'm still very touched by the video and your gesture. (':

@Anonymous, thank you for the information! Will go and check it out when I can.

@Bro Punna, hello Uncle Punna! Thank you for your well wishes. I'll try to contact you as soon as possible. (:

@Daeng Hanisah A Malek, hey Daeng! Of course I still remember you! (: Thank you so much! I'll try to contact you through Facebook. :]

@Anonymous, will send an e-mail to you soon!

@Anonymous, thank you so much for keeping me in your prayers! Will send an e-mail to you soon!

@Mel Koay, thank you so much for your kind words! I'll send you an e-mail as soon as possible! Cheers! (:

@Kuah Jenhan, will be sending you an e-mail soon! I'm alright with comedy, and thank you so much for the offer! When I've fully recovered and I'm no longer under quarantine, I'll try to make it to watch one of your shows! (: Cheers!

@Anonymous, hello there! Thanks so much! Glad you got your transplant over and done with. Will be contacting you really soon! (:

@Nadya Liew, hey there! I'm really sorry I couldn't reply earlier, I had complications shortly after doing my transplant. Took me some time to recuperate properly. Thank you so much, and to your parents as well! I really appreciate the kind gesture a lot. (:

@elena, thank you so much for the information, Elena! Will be contacting you as soon as possible! (:

@Wan Ting, thank you so much for your well wishes! Will be contacting you through e-mail soon! (:

@Shastri, will be sending you an e-mail soon! And thank you! (:

@Pj, thank you so much for your comment! I'll contact you through e-mail soon. (:

@Elton, thanks so much! Will contact you really soon! (:

@Anonymous, thank you for wanting to help me out! I'll contact you through e-mail as soon as possible! (:

@qqq, yes, I was botak(bald). Not many people can say that they went bald twice throughout their whole lives. You try going bald, and see whether you actually can have the heart to type that comment out to me. (:

@Anonymous, hello Mr. Lim!! I'm so sorry for the late reply! I'll e-mail you really soon okay! Hope you're doing fine! :D

@§pinzer, will do! (:

@Nick, thank you so much for your comment! I've read some of the entries in your blog, and your comment makes a lot of sense. I'll try to personally contact you as soon as possible. Meanwhile, I'm glad you're doing well! Hope your health is improving day by day! (:

@Su Ann, thank you! I won't. (:

@Paul Tan, I'm so sorry for the late reply! I still will contact you soon though. Cheers!

@Vun, hello there! It's not that I didn't want to be specific, it's mainly because I still want to keep some of my social networking site links private and open only to my close friends and acquaintances. I have recently created a new e-mail account specially for my cancer blog, so maybe if you have any queries you can contact me here: dancingpapercranes.live.com. Anyway, thank you for dropping a comment and for wanting to help me out!

@forenseeks, I'm sorry to hear that your uncle has cancer too. I hope he is recovering well, and even better - already fully recovered! Thank you for the information and for keeping me in your prayers, as well. Cheers! (:

@Ken, will send you an e-mail soon!

@xq ♥, hey! Thank you so much! Will contact you soon! (:

@*MysL*, hey Mich! You didn't leave me your contact details, so I don't think I can contact you. :( I don't have a PayPal account though. Anyway, thank you so much for helping me out! I really appreciate the effort. (':

@Cheyenne, will send you an e-mail as soon as possible! Thank you, dear! (:

@Anonymous aka C from Singapore, it's perfectly fine if you can't contribute financially, it's the thought that counts. I really appreciate that a lot. (': Also, thank you so much for your kind comment and for keeping me in your prayers! :'D Cheers!

@hongs, hey! Thank you so much for everything you had done. (: You didn't leave me any contact details, so I really have no idea how to get back to you. D: Hopefully, if you see this reply, and if you still want to contact me, feel free to e-mail me at dancingpapercranes@live.com. Cheers!

@Anonymous, I assume that you are C from Singapore. Thanks! (:

@ℓσgєи αυτhøɾ вєαstlч, will be contacting you really soon! Thank you!

@Missy Sasha N Mini Myra, hello there! Sure I don't mind, you were only trying to help me. (: Besides, I think letting people know about my story can inspire them in one way or another. :] I'll contact you through e-mail really soon! Thank you so much for everything! :D

@Nana, hi there junior! Thanks to you and your friends for wanting to help me out! You didn't leave me your contacts, so I can't get back to you. Still, my sincerest thanks! (:

@Roberto, thank you so much Roberto! (': I'll keep fighting the good fight, no worries there. (:

@S, thank you so much! I'll contact you as soon as possible. (:

@Ccy, it's dancingpapercranes@live.com. Thank you so much for being understanding of my situation. I'll be sending you an e-mail as soon as possible! (:

@Jaynier, I don't have a Maybank account. Sorry!

@Cherly Sim, yes, I'm Malaysian. Oh really? Thanks for the information! You didn't leave me your contacts, so I'm afraid I can't contact you personally. I hope you see this reply, late as it is! And I'm sorry about that. D:

@LadyMichelle, hello there! I'm really sorry for the late reply! D: Thank you so much for wanting to raise funds for me through your school's Interact Club. I already completed my transplant, and I hope that's the end of it! And thanks for the compliment! (:

@Natsu30, hey there! Thank you for your comment! I hope your friend is currently doing well. (: Cheers!

@soowei, thank you so much for the comment! Really appreciated! (:

@shuhui, hey there! I'll contact you really soon! Thank you so much! (:

@Anonymous, thank you! I'll send you an e-mail soon!

@Keshu, awwwww! Thank you so much, Keshu! (': Your comment means a lot to me. :'D I'm so sorry for the late reply though, I'll message you on Facebook as soon as possible. Thanks for putting in so much effort to help me out, I really appreciate that. (: You take care too!

@aishah mokhtar, I have yet to thank you and your friends properly. You and the rest did so much for me, I'm still speechless whenever I think of it. (': Will personally contact you as soon as possible. :'D

@Christine, hello there! Thank you and to your friends for wanting to help me out. (: You didn't leave me any contact details, so I'm sorry I can't get back to you. But anyway, my sincerest thanks! (':

@Dennis Lau, hello Dennis! Thank you for your comment. I will definitely check out the link you had given me. I'm glad to hear that their conditions are under control. (: I'll contact you through e-mail very soon, and thanks once again! :D

@Unknown aka Willy, congratulations for being a cancer survivor. I'm really happy for you. (: I admire my family members too, it hasn't been easy for any of them either. I'll contact you very soon, thank you so much for your comment! :]

@Jinz and Chris, thank you both so much! I'll send an e-mail really soon. (:

@milkway, hello there. I'm really sorry to hear that both your mother and brother are diagnosed with cancer as well. It must be tough on you, and on them as well. I understand that you can't help me financially, it's perfectly fine, really! It's the thought that matters the most. ;) Anyway, I wish you all the best, and I hope their conditions have improved, or better yet, they have already fully recovered from their cancers. (:

@tcs.thecross aka Chee Seng, thank you so much for your comment! I'm glad too for the encouraging words that many have been sending in, they do mean a lot to me while I keep on fighting the good fight. (: Thank you for the prayer, and thank you for doing so much for me! I wish I could contact you personally, but I don't see any contact details provided. Anyway, I hope you see this, because I just want to let you know how thankful I am for the help. (': Cheers!

@Su, thank you so much! I shall contact you through e-mail soon! (:

@Alvin Lee, will do! (:

@musings of a recluse aka Janet, hello there! Thank you so much for keeping me in your prayers as well as for the well wishes! I really appreciate them a lot. (': I'm sorry to hear about your uncle, I hope he's doing much better now! I think if you do regular check-ups and keep healthy, you should be quite alright. (: I'll try to contact you when I can! Cheers! :D

@Tipsy, hello there! Thank you for telling me about the link! I will consider setting up that PayPal account, but I don't think it's anytime soon. I hope your artist friend is doing much better now! Also, I'm happy that your mother has been cancer-free for so long. Hope that good streak continues! ;) Cheers, and thanks again!

@Zahra N Damayanti, hey there! Your ambition is amazing, do keep up the good work! You have my support in becoming a future oncologist. (: Thank you so much for your supportive and encouraging words, and also for keeping me in your prayers! I really appreciate them a lot. (': Sure we can be friends! I'm always up for new friendships. ;) I'll contact you as soon as possible! Meanwhile, I hope you're doing well! Cheers! :D

@Anonymous, I prefer to keep my Facebook account as private as possible. You can contact me through this email though: dancingpapercranes@live.com. Thank you so much, anyway!

@Emalina, hello there! I'm really sorry to hear about your father's passing. I hope you and your family are doing alright and staying strong. *hugs* Thank you so much for your willingness to help! Unfortunately, I'm under quarantine, so I don't think I can visit your school at the moment. I'll contact you really soon! Thanks again, Emalina!

@tanwenmin, hello there Wen Min! Yes, she has contacted me, if Jade and Jadeline are the same person we're talking about. (: I'm really grateful for the effort you, Jadeline and everyone else from your church who were involved in raising funds for me. My sincerest thanks from my family and I. (': Thanks for your comment too! :D

@YSL, thank you for your comment! Appreciated. (:

@Amelia, nope, it's not belated at all, no worries about that! (: I'll contact you as soon as possible! Thanks so much! :]

***
I started typing out replies from 11.00 this morning, and it's already 8.00 at night. My eyes are getting blurry, and I hope I didn't accidentally miss anyone out! If I did, I'm truly sorry about it.

Cheers!

Labels:



Photobucket

9 comment(s):
Post a Comment