Profile


Hello! I'm Leonie. I’m from Malaysia. I am nineteen this year, and I have Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma - a kind of blood cancer. I’m just trying to live my life to the fullest, without any regrets. I'm grateful that I’m still able to wake up to a brand new day and know that I'm still alive.

I refuse to refer to my condition as a disease. I would rather phrase it as a 'series of unfortunate events'.

I learn something new with each passing day. This is the story of my journey, and you're welcome to follow me in every step that I take.

If you would like to learn more about me and my condition, feel free to click on the navigations below. If you have any queries or would just like to say hello, drop me an e-mail at dancingpapercranes@live.com.my and I'll try to respond as soon as possible!

Cheers!




Cbox





17:09
Friday 27 August 2010
meet Elena.

Yesterday, my parents showed me an article from the Sin Chew Daily. It's about this amazing girl, who made an amazing difference to the world.


Elena Desserich.
She was five years old when she was diagnosed with inoperable paediatric brain cancer in 2006.
Elena was only six when she passed away in 2007.
Bless her innocent soul.

It was then her parents found notes left behind by Elena,
all expressing her love for those around her -
especially her parents and her younger sister Grace.
These notes had been cleverly hidden by little Elena in the house for her loved ones to find.

These are some of the notes and art left behind by Elena.
For more of her creativity and notes,
do click here to visit the site dedicated to her and the notes she left behind.





Her parents, Keith and Brooke Desserich,
decided to compile the notes together with their journal that they had written after Elena was diagnosed into a book titled Notes Left Behind.
All proceeds from the book goes to The Cure Starts Now Cancer Foundation,
a charity dedicated to finding a unified cure for all forms of cancer.

To learn more about The Cure Starts Now Foundation,
click here to visit the official site.

If you would like to know more about her story,
click here for an article I found online regarding this inspiring girl and her family.

I'm blogging about little Elena here to share with all of you her inspiring story. Her simple acts of love had certainly left their mark on many individuals around the world.

I wonder if the book is sold in Malaysia. Time to start searching.

I hope you are inspired.

Because I know I am.

Labels:



Photobucket

4 comment(s):
Post a Comment